THE SALES ARE IN...KANYE AND NICKI!
Kanye West busted out at No. 1 as we expected, selling a full $518k in his first week. Nicki Minaj on the other hand, pushed an impressive 371k, a bit less than people expected. It was looking like she would do a cool 400k. Still, good numbers for a couple of cats. Now, we just gotta get Skillz, 9th Wonder, Joe Budden, and Tech N9ne selling more and we're good money, dunny.
Nicki Minaj's Femcee Handbook Has Shades Of Lauryn Hill
With 375,000 sold, Pink Friday is the highest-selling hip-hop female debut since The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill in 1998.
- 1 KANYE WEST, ROC-A-FELLA/IDJMG - 518,775 - MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED
- 2 NICKI MINAJ, YM/CASH MONEY/UNIV MOTOWN - 371,049 - PINK FRIDAY
- 3 TAYLOR SWIFT, BIG MACHINE - 255,991 +71% - SPEAK NOW
- 4 SUSAN BOYLE, COLUMBIA 250,403 -23% - THE GIFT
- 5 JACKIE EVANCHO COLUMBIA 145,648 -39% - O HOLY NIGHT
- 6 RIHANNA DEF JAM/IDJ 133,662 -35% - LOUD
- 7 JUSTIN BIEBER ISLAND/IDJMG 119,485 - MY WORLDS ACOUSTIC
- 8 NE-YO DEF JAM/IDJ 117,800 - LIBRA SCALE
- 9 MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE REPRISE 112,002 - The TRUE LIVES OF